What To Expect
Whether this is your first time trying out psychotherapy or you’re simply switching from another practice, we understand it can feel a bit overwhelming. We’ve found that for many of our patients, walking through what they can expect can greatly help alleviate this fear for them.
Do you work with children? Adolescents?
Do you accept insurance?
What are the fees for therapy?
Do you prescribe medication?
Do you offer in-person appointments?
What is online therapy?
Why online therapy?
Are online appointments secure?
What do I need for online therapy appointments?
- An electronic device with a camera, microphone, and speaker (e.g., smart phone, tablet, laptop, desktop with a camera). These features are built-in to most devices.
- Headphones improve sound quality, but are not necessary.
- Reliable internet connection (strong internet connections are best for videoconferencing).
- A private location where you will not be heard or disturbed during the appointment.
- To be located within a state in which your therapist is licensed during your appointments. Find where your therapist can practice here.
- Here is a guide from the videoconferencing platform we use: Telehealth Getting Started Guide by SimplePractice